trouble activating Kodak/ADC plugin

General Remaks about our web site or other things that don't fit in any other forum
chaloots
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

trouble activating Kodak/ADC plugin

Post by chaloots »

First, allow me to thank you for all the truly wonderful information and resources you place so willingly and freely make available to us all, Harry!

In the latest newsletter there was a mention of Kodaks' special, limited-time free offering of one of their PS plugins. As per your suggestion I opted for Digital Gem. Downloading wasn't a problem, however getting it to register proved a bit of an issue.

The impression I got was that the offer for the free plugin was contingent on trying or buying another one.

After having received a confirmation email with a 'Propass25' code and going through the required steps while in Paint Shop Pro9 to use it I got an Invalid Coupon alert warning, stating:

"INVALID COUPON:
The coupon entered is subject to order requirements that were not met. You may try another coupon, or proceed without entering a coupon. "

Perhaps this has happened to some other would-be users, or maybe it's their policy not to make a single freebie available?

in any case thanks again!
Charlie

Jaci
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Jaci »

That code didn't work for me either, but after registering again for the coupon I got another code, PROPASSFP, which did work. Kind of a silly process...

Jaci
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Jaci »

Err...

I just looked at the message again it seems that we both scrolled down way too much :oops:

The PROPASS25 code is for purchasing the professional version with 25% off. The correct code for the free version was above that.

chaloots
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

I see it now, too...

Post by chaloots »

...even though the whole block of text was read and re-read more than a few times guess I'm not the only one who missed it.

Thanks, jaci. I'll give it another whirl.

AstroDon
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Kodak offer

Post by AstroDon »

I sent them a note letting them know the code didn't work and got the following reply;

Hello Don,

Thank you for contacting Kodak Professional.

Thank you for your interest in our software products. The PROPASS coupon
that was intended solely for use by our European subscribers has been
made public and we are experiencing a high volume of downloads.
Therefore, we have had to close this promotion earlier than originally
planned. We regret any inconvenience this might cause you. Please visit
www.asf.com for any further inquiries.

Regards,

Andre L.
Kodak Consumer and Professional Contact Center, USA
Digital & Film Imaging Systems

http://www.kodak.com/go/professional
----------------------------------

Appears this may not have been meant to go public or perhaps the response was greater than they anticipated?

Best regards,
Don, Toronto