Page 1 of 1


Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:48 pm
by pfennig
i'm working on a photograph that is somewhat pixelated and am wondering how can i modify this and/or lessen the pixels. i'm using photoshop cs2.

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:58 pm
by plugsnpixels
A few quick ideas:

Resample the image at double or quadruple the original resolution to add additional pixels, thus smoothing the overall effect. I call this "Hamburger Helper" ;-).

Add grain using Photoshop or a plug-in to roughen up the look, adding perceived sharpness.

Blur the image slightly.

Apply a filter effect that moves the pixels around a bit.

Use an upscaling plug-in (see under "Resampling/interpolation" here).