I'm a newby..need help

General Remaks about our web site or other things that don't fit in any other forum
DivineImages

I'm a newby..need help

Post by DivineImages »

This website is an awsome find, I just found it by accident, well by Divine Guidance I suppose! Anyway, I have Photo Shop 7 and just downloaded Harry's Edges. I am a longtime wedding photographer new to digital and I am learning PS by myself. I was just about to purchase an edge plug-in program for $200.00, when I stumbled onto this site, yeah! So, I am able to open most of the edges in PS7, but now what..Is there a tutorial that can tell me how to apply, so the black space is white....I told you I was new... Thank you for all your help in advance.
DivineImages :o

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

For instructions about how to apply edges in PS7 have a look at
http://thepluginsite.com/knowhow/tutori ... yingPS.htm

Instructions for other applications can be found at
http://thepluginsite.com/knowhow/
under "Edge Tutorials".

For more ideas you can download the demo version of our Edge & Frame Galaxy product from http://thepluginsite.com/products/efgcd/ and have a look at its HTML manual.

Omegasis
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Omegasis »

I am having a slight problem,

I downloaded the Plugin Galaxy plugins and when I open the plugins up I can change the view and see what they look like but there is no OKAY button anywhere just Help About and Cancel.

Does anyone know what has happened please help me!

It's not about knowing your enemy, It's about knowing yourself.

DivineImages

Thanks

Post by DivineImages »

Thanks for the links, I have figured out how to apply the black edges, however, what I am trying to do is create Page layouts, with several pictures on an album page spread. Some cool edges where the edge appears to be torn, but what shows through is the backgroud not the black or white square. I must say again, I am new and I am sure I am missing something very simple. I didn't see that covered on those links...Thanks again :roll:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Omegasis wrote: I downloaded the Plugin Galaxy plugins and when I open the plugins up I can change the view and see what they look like but there is no OKAY button anywhere just Help About and Cancel.
This is the limitation of the demo version. Only the PopArt and Zoom plugin have an OK button, because they are free.

But please post such questions in the Plugin Galaxy forum (Hey, that has already been answered there!) and don't mix them into a thread that is about a totally different topic.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Thanks

Post by HaraldHeim »

DivineImages wrote:Thanks for the links, I have figured out how to apply the black edges, however, what I am trying to do is create Page layouts, with several pictures on an album page spread. Some cool edges where the edge appears to be torn, but what shows through is the backgroud not the black or white square. I must say again, I am new and I am sure I am missing something very simple. I didn't see that covered on those links...Thanks again :roll:
If you know how to use layers effectively, you also know how to solve this problem. It is just a matter of arranging your layers in the LayerPalette and positioning the images below the transparent edges. Just try some experimenting... I don't know your layers and how they are arranged, so I can't give you detailed instructions.

DivineImages

Thanks again

Post by DivineImages »

Harry,
I noticed in your profile that you are a psychologist..after all of this learning PS and digital I may need some counceling....I thought I knew photography, but I feel like I just started. If you get a sec go to... www.thebookalbum.com then click "products" then go to SOHO book and you can veiw a sample of the books I am trying to design...I would love to purchase any programs I need to do this effectivly and if you know of any products that will help me along I would trust your advise. Thank you for your time.
Blessings!
DivineImages

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Thanks again

Post by HaraldHeim »

DivineImages wrote:Harry,
I noticed in your profile that you are a psychologist..after all of this learning PS and digital I may need some counceling....
Does graphics design make you so paranoid :-(? How about some relaxing excercises :-)?

I thought I knew photography, but I feel like I just started. If you get a sec go to... www.thebookalbum.com then click "products" then go to SOHO book and you can veiw a sample of the books I am trying to design...
Great work so far!

I would love to purchase any programs I need to do this effectivly and if you know of any products that will help me along I would trust your advise. Thank you for your time.
Well, basically you only need Photoshop for this kind of design. Of course there are a lot of plugins that can help you. But if you don't have any more detailed wishes, I can only make some general suggestions. For example you could use my HyperTyle plugin at http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/hypertyle/ for some textural looks, for producing edge effects easily and several other effects that would fit nicely to your SOHO book. If you are in need of a tool for correcting photos you can also have a look at ColorWasher at http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/photowiz/.