Thanks Harold

General Remaks about our web site or other things that don't fit in any other forum
selenawee
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Thanks Harold

Post by selenawee »

I am now the proud owner of Plugin Galaxy for OS X and it's still number one on my list of plugins. Thanks for sticking with us Mac users Harold!!! :P

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for your nice message. Would be nice to hear for what purpose your are using Plugin Galaxy and which plugins you like best.

selenawee
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by selenawee »

I'm a freelance graphic designer with Photoshop 7 being my most often used application. People bring me old photos to restore, photos to make look like drawings, requests for everything from wedding announcements to obituaries to restaurant menus. And the list goes on.

My most used plugins are blur, edge tool, feedback, warp, noise, and now page curl.

Now how about a good 3D plugin? (I've got a request for a floorplan!) :lol:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

If you work on a lot of photos, have a look at my ColorWasher plugin at http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/photowiz/

What should that 3D plugin be capable of doing?

selenawee
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by selenawee »

What should that 3D plugin be capable of doing?[/quote]

Giving the illusion of depth. The reason being: I get a lot of requests for several photos to be grouped into one photo and then given a 3D effect in order to make them appear to pop off the page---something easily created in a drawing.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I'm still not sure how that 3D effect should look like. Can you upload a photo with such an effect somewhere and post the URL?

Do you mean that e.g. someone's head continues beyond the (virtual) border of the photo? Such an effect can be seen on the Photoshop 7 splash screen that appears when you run Photoshop 7. This splash screen makes the lense go beyond the rectangular border of the window.

selenawee
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by selenawee »

That's about right; Like the subjects are poking their heads out of a window at different angles. I guess you could say I do a lot of playing around with perspective.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Well, the most work for such an effect involves the creation of a mask or selection around the people or things that peak over the "window border". This task is best perfomed by hand, because selecting the right areas is quite complex in many cases. So I don't see a big chance at the moment to automate such a task with a plugin.