Page 1 of 1


Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 7:05 pm
by chaitereye
I am looking for filters that burn edges, curl pages & rip edges. Can that be done in photoshop or do I need another program? This my first time on a discussion page & I'm not sure how to read any answers so here is my email address: Thanks to anyone that answers.

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 3:12 pm
by HaraldHeim
Our Plugin Galaxy 1.5 product includes a page curl effect now. See at

For other page curl effects have a look at the review at

A burned edges effect can be found in the Xenofex package from Alienskin.

I'm not sure what you mean with rip edges effects ...

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:33 am
by Roo
Yes Xenofex has two filters that will do that.

You can however do the same thing without plugins.

A Couple of ways:

Create a jagged selection using wither the polygon or magneric selection tools.

Select>>Modify>>Contract>>by 1 px
Select>>Feather>>by 2 px

Copy the selection
Paste it on your image layer

Again create the jagged selection
Select>>Modify>>Expand>>by 1 or 2 px
Select>>Feather>>by 2 - 4 px
Hit Delete
Now fill the Inversed selection with a color/image/or whatever

For added effect you can use the smudge tool to smudge the edges....the Chalk Brushes work nicely for this.

I always use Edit>>Fade after I apply an effect such as smudge.

Filters & Plugins

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:54 am
by chaitereye
Thank you so much for your replies. I just got around to reading them because my whole C drive was wiped out. As a result, I lost a lot of filters.
I backed them all onto a cd but now I can't seem to find a lot of them.
One of my favorites was a filter called, "electrify." It enabled me to add
lightening. Do you know where I can find that plugin?
Thanx again in advance for your replies. I'm new to these forums but it's so good to know there are nice people out there willing to take the time to
answer my questions. Regards,
Filter Addicted Maniac


Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:43 pm
by HaraldHeim
Electrify is one of the Xenofex plugins from