Page 1 of 1

help with photoshop image ! ! !

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:44 pm
by neilrizo
hey there!

can anyone tell me how the image linked below was made with photoshop? i can't seem to find the info anywhere.

would really appreciate the assist.

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:48 pm
by Roo
That looks like it was either hand drawn using Illustrator and a Wacom tablet, or it might have been traced from a photo with a Wacom.

Most plugins that do this type of effect add texture to an image.

You can create similar effects..not as exact and smooth as that though, with Photoshop's own filters. Just experiment with different blending modes and opacity.

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:03 am
by Jaci
That can be done using the pen tool. This cell shaded art is one of the forms of vector art (it is best done in vector programs such as Illustrator but you'll be able to get a similar look in Photoshop using its own vector features).