Page 1 of 1

Curving or warping an image

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:45 pm
by pyrodan
I'm looking for a way to shape a photoshop image into an
> arc. For instance, if I have an image that is 1" high x 3"
> wide, I want to be able to shape it into an arc with the
> bottom of the image formed by a path with a 9" radius and
> the top a path with a 10" radius. Similar to the way you
> can fit text to a path, only with the entire image.

For arc, use Edit > Transform > Warp

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:33 am
by ericob
In Photoshop CS 2, go to Edit > Transform > Warp, then choose "arc" from the popup list in the Options Bar.

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:34 am
by crespowu
I tried it on my computer.But it didn't work. :(

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:51 pm
by Lesam
To get the Warp feature to work correctly for this task, open a new file same width and about twice the height of the image to be arced. Drag the image onto the new file and apply the warp to that layer