->PLUGIN THAT TAKES MULTIPLE IMAGES AND TURNS THEM INTO O

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
carrito
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

->PLUGIN THAT TAKES MULTIPLE IMAGES AND TURNS THEM INTO O

Postby carrito » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:40 am

If you have heard of a way or a plugin that can take multiple images and turn them into ONE single layered image (and each layer being each image that you choose) PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! Having that plugin or function would be of sooo much help. Doing that manually is killing me since I have to do it for hundreds and hundreds of images!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:17 pm

Sorry, I never heard about such a tool. Such a task could be done with an automation plugin or a script. Maybe there is already a script available for doing that in Photoshop. If not, you could decide to write one yourself in VBscript or Javascript.

Robert
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Postby Robert » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:01 pm

This can be easily done in Paint Shop Pro (purplus.com $24.95) using a script. With PSP all you have to is record the actions on one image and the program will save it's own script which you can then execute for as many layers as you need. With PSP you can also save the project in a compatible format for other graphic software.

Robert

gunsan
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Postby gunsan » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:19 am

I have a program that I love,but it is a collage program EasyCollage
www.easycollage.com.
There you can load a lot of images,change size and arrange them as you want, also load any background and get the file printready in 300 dpi, even if the images are just 72 dpi.
It is really great.[/img]
Gun Legler

Galleries

Digitalart: http://stop.to/gunsan/
Pet portraits: http://gunsan.webb.se/
Childrens portraits: http://barnbild.webb.se/

PCChika
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

How about Picasa for multiple latered image?

Postby PCChika » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:29 am

Have you looked at Picasa, by any chance? They have a feature for making combined-image collages.

~I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I canreach for; perfection is God's business.~
Michael J. Fox

pintree3
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Postby pintree3 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:43 am

not sure if I understand the question properly but based on the image here, do you mean like a slide sandwhich--whereby like in the old days (still do this) u can grab 2 slides or more and sandwhich them together?

PCChika
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Collage

Postby PCChika » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:24 pm

Well, I am not sure what you mean by slides, (I am more of a novice than a pro) but I used my digital photos and there is an operation in Picasa whereas you click on whatever photos you want to combine, and with the click of another button, it collages them together to create a melded image.
~I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I canreach for; perfection is God's business.~

Michael J. Fox

hrothgar
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Collages. slided sandwiches, combining images

Postby hrothgar » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:36 pm

I also used to do a lot of slide sandwiches and was similarly surprised that there wasn't much, if anything, available for combining images. Google's free Picasa has a collage function that works OK, but it doesn't have any controls or offer any options other than the choice of images to be combined. Speaking as one who spent most of his life using film, combining images with Picasa also yields a different result than photographing two slides, one being behind and slightly diffused by the film base and emulsion layer placed in front. A Picasa collage will often have a flat confusing look, while a skillfully done sandwich will appear almost three dimensional - like an art form. A tool that can come close to mimicking a slide copier without being overly complex (keep it simple) is certainly needed.

Return to “Photoshop”