PSCS2 plugins vista problem

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
Maneater
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

PSCS2 plugins vista problem

Post by Maneater »

Firstly let me apologise if this is not the right thread to post this problem. I use PSCS2 on my PC under xp no problems and recently bought a laptop for mobility. I installed PSCS2 on my laptop running Vista and it ran great except when I clicked on help it kept coming up with an error message like cant find help file or something. I updated with latest program update from adobe and that still didnt help. I uninstalled and then reinstalled, updated again but still didnt give me help access. So I decided not to wory about the help feature. Then I tried to use plugins and PSCS2 screen fades and freezes and I have to opt out of program. This didnt happen the first time I installed, however I am beginning to think maybe the update had something to do with it? Anyone know?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please check if the folder of the Adobe help files is read/write protected. If that does not help you can also create an icon to the help files on your desktop.

Concerning the plugins you probably came across some plugins that were created with older versions of FilterMeister. Hopefully the developers of these plugins will update them, but there will also be a patch tool available soon which will allow you to modify the plugins for Vista compatibility.

Another good idea is to deactivate Data Execution Prevention (DEP) in the System control panel under Vista to avoid that some programs or plugins do not work.

Maneater
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Maneater »

Is the executable adobe help file ahc.exe?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

It is called ahv.exe here.