Page 1 of 1


Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:59 am
by tonyaautry
I have seen an application that tends to almost feather out trees, giving the photo a very fantasy effect.

Does anyone know what this is?


Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:52 pm
by HaraldHeim
Please give us more details. "Feather out trees" is certainly only one of the things that the tool does and surely not the main feature. A more precise desciption in image editing terms would be e.g. adds a glow to the image or produce glare effects. If you have an image example of what it does it would also help.

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:51 am
by plugsnpixels
Perhaps this application can be found among those listed here?

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:32 pm
by pokeydots
Could it be the fractulis plugin by redfield?

Topaz Vivacity

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:28 pm
by dream_1st
You might be looking for Topaz' plugin Vivacity.
Here is a link with screenshots of the effect you may be looking for.
Hope this helps. ... g_effects/

dream_1st :)

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:55 am
by digitzi94
Woa, that's an interesting effect. downloading... thanks for the link :)

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:43 pm
by apophatile
does anyone know how to create this effect without vivacity plug-in

my trial ran out

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:05 pm
by HaraldHeim
Photoshop offers an Anisotropic option under Filter > Stylize > Diffuse. If you apply it a few times, you get a similar effect, but it is not as sharp as the Vivacity one.

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:23 pm
by moonmoon
learn a lot.

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:28 am
by plugsnpixels
Harald, I gave Filter>Stylize>Diffuse a try (nice find!) and it's a step in the right direction. Apply some Unsharp Mask afterwards and it further tightens the effect (not too much, or image noise is exaggerated).

But again, the Vivacity plug-in does a better job with much more flexibility and clarity. See my Vivacity results here.

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:25 pm
by ziggy00
So great!