How to change colors

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
peter123
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

How to change colors

Postby peter123 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:44 pm

I've been asked by a friend to help with the monumental task of changing the background, border, text colors, font, font color, etc. on 1000 pages. This seems absolutely insane to me. I've never done this before - there's got to be an easier way! I don't think this person used a stylesheet to begin with. What can I do at this stage? It's taking me over 2 minutes per page to make all of the changes as he described. At this rate, wake me up at Christmas! He's sent me dreamweaver files for each page he wants me to help change the colors. Please, anyone, point me in the right direction! I'm not a webmaster.

http://www.infysolutions.com
Web site design and maintenance

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:30 am

There are some tools for replacing certain text strings (in your case HTML code) with other text strings in a large amount of files automatically. This also possible with Dreamweaver's "Find and Replace" command.

But better test your search and replace patterns on a copy of the html pages first. Otherwise you may mess them up if you use the wrong search pattern.

martinatycova
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Postby martinatycova » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:54 am

Hi Peter123...

According to me, First solution would be you have to open it any editor and use the command find and repalce.

Return to “Photoshop”