Paint Shop Pro 8.10 and Visman plugins problems

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
Dianna
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Paint Shop Pro 8.10 and Visman plugins problems

Post by Dianna »

I have PSP 8.10 and recently downloaded and installed the visman filters package from the site. I have a folder I created in My Documents/My PSP8 files/ PlugIns to keep my plug ins, so it won't slow down PSP by putting them all in the PSP plugins folder. I also directed PSP to go to this folder to find my plugins. My EyeCandy 4000 and SuperBladePro still work, but every time I try to use the visman filters, I get an error telling me it is either not installed correctly or files are missing. I have also installed 2 DLL files, trying to correct the problem, but still no luck. The dlls are called MSVCRT10.DLL and plugin.dll. I have found 2 files in the visman folder called _DEISREG.ISR and _ISRREG32.DLL. I am not sure if these need to be placed somewhere else is why I am getting errors and PSP won't let me use the VM Sparkle or any of the VM filters. Can anyone please help me figure out what my problem could possilby be? I am ready to pull my hair out over this. Thanks so very much for your help.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I suspect that you didn't place the MSVCRT10.DLL and plugin.dll files in the correct location. They need to be in the System or System32 sub folder of your Windows folder. If that doesn't help, please try placing them in the PSP folder itself.

kareldg
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by kareldg »

I had the same problem with the visman plugins, but after installing Plugin Commander Light ( the 8bf-files are were associated with this program) and now all my visman plugins are working in PSP and other in programs.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Plugin Commander Light automatically installs Msvcrt10.dll, so that probably made your plugins work.

kareldg
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by kareldg »

Thanks Harald for your reaction. It could be you are quite right ,but I cannot controll it no more. :wink: .
I thought I had the MSVCRT10.DLL and plugin.dll files in the correct location because all my other plugins worked fine.
Anyway nice to contact you and many thanks for sending me the Plugin-newsletter.
Sinserely Karel de Graaf
P.S.I tried to send you a PM but that was not possible.