Sharptype plugin

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
jmarksbery
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Sharptype plugin

Post by jmarksbery »

Has anyone used Sharptype plugin and did you have a problem of not showing in PSP 9? I can't get it to load at all. I have downloaded a few times as well as trying to install. Thanks, Jim

Sammo
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Sammo »

Hello Jim,

Since I had never heard of the Sharptype plugin, I was curious about it. I downloaded and installed the demo. When it did not appear in any of PSP9's Effects menus, I wrote a note to the company. Here's is the response:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:51 AM

You can find the plug-ins path of your Photoshop or any compatible host (e.g. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins) and copy it. You must choose the correct directory, or you cannot get Sharptype recognized by Photoshop and any compatible host.

But currently, Sharptype cannot support for Paint Shop Pro. We used the Photoshop CS SDK to build the Sharptype, but the Paint Shop Pro cannot support this version. You can try another host, such as Fireworks or Painter.

Jaci
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Jaci »

but the Paint Shop Pro cannot support this version.
I was curious as well and, funny thing, Paint Shop Pro is listed as a compatible host on the site...

Sammo
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Sammo »

This morning I received a note from Sharptype explaining that they have fixed the problem with their plugin not being compatible with PSP9. I downloaded the demo version and gave it another try. It now seems to work correctly.