Problems with Toadies filter

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
PspLou
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Problems with Toadies filter

Post by PspLou »

I'm having probs trying to install toadies to my PSP X, i'm using Vista, so i don't know if that's causing the problem.
I've actually managed to install into PSP, but when i go to click on one of the filters, it just keeps trying to load, then crashes.

I've got the MRCVS10 dll file, do i need any other DLL files to make this work.

Sorry if this was answered somewhere else..

Thanks
Lou

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thi is a known problem with PSP. The only way to make them work is to open the Toadies in the FilterMeister plugin (www.filtermeister.com).

PspLou
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by PspLou »

Ok thanks i'll try that, but i am having some issues with a few filters, i install them ok, i can seem them in psp, but when i want to use them i get this error message

FilterMeister Run Time exception
Memory Access Violation
if i click OK on that message, i get errors with 2 letters then a load of numbers, it continues do this as i click OK, then the the error message shuts down and i still can't use my plugins.

I've no probs using EC 4000, Xenofex etc so i can't see what i'm doing wrong?

What on earth does that mean?, I never had that when i had Windows XP
It's really getting on my nerves now as i'm all googled out trying to find the answers.

A friend told me to put my plugins in filters unlimited, but still doesn't work.
I've the correct DLL files, put them in the right places etc but still nothing..

So helppppp plssss before i go insane...

Thanks in advance
Lou

PspLou
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by PspLou »

I thought i'd try to install them into my PSP X1 which i've only used once, and didn't really get on with it, but ALL my plugins work in there, this is so very strange, i've no idea why..
but i guess i'm stuck with PSP X1

Thanks for your help
Lou

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please go to Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Data Execution Prevention and activate the first radio button at the top. Alternatively you can add PSP to the exclusion list on the same dialog.

This should make the plugins work.