help psp9 and vista laptop filter plugins

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
lalee_kat
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

help psp9 and vista laptop filter plugins

Post by lalee_kat »

i have just bought a new laptop with vista on it. i have psp9 on my desktop and everything works fine with xp. psp9 is intsalled fine on the laptop but i can not get any of my filters or plugins to work.everything else loads fine,pic tubes,preset shapes,all other things but the filters.i have mscrvt 10 dll and plugin.dll both in windoes system 32. im going mad trying to get this thing to load the filters!! please help! thanking you!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Do the filter plugins not appear on the menu in PSP? Or what exactly is not working?

lalee_kat
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by lalee_kat »

first thing... thanks so very much for your reply! the problem is the plugins are not showing in psp.in the effects drop down bar it says no plugins loaded. i have added them through file locations like i have other things like pic tubes,they all work but the plugins.but still no joy.and i have the same things on my desktop added the same way and they work fine,but not on the laptop.it is new and the first one i have had so i guess i must be just missing something,i have no idea what though and im going crazy.thanks again for any help give me!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

If no plugins appear on the menu in PSP, PSP is not seeing them. If you have the path to the plugin folder set correctly in PSP, the only problem I can think of is that the plugin folder is read-protected by Vista. You need to set the read/write permissions (by right clicking and choosing Properties) for the plugin folders correctly.

lalee_kat
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by lalee_kat »

ok things finally are cleared up.....finally...not from any brains in my head though!! haha im so stupid i didnt even get any updates when i installed psp on the laptop....today all updates installed and guess what.... everything works!!!!! anyway thanks so very much for your help i appreciate it.