Italian Editor Plugins

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
Muriel
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Italian Editor Plugins

Post by Muriel »

Good Evening!

I am having an issue with Italian Editor plugins in PSP X4. When I try to open one of these plugins, it is blank as though it does not see the image. Then, ten seconds later the program crashes.. Poof and its GONE!

A couple of days ago I had the same issues with MuRa filters, but managed to get them sorted out. I am at a loss as to what to do with the Italian Editor ones.

Many thanks,
Muriel!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Italian Editor Plugins

Post by HaraldHeim »

You need to deactivate Data Execution Prevention (DEP) to avoid the crashes. See here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... n-settings

Muriel
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Muriel »

Good Evening, Mr. Heim..

Many thanks for your prompt reply..

All the Paint Shop Pro versions are exempt from DEP. It works with all the other versions. Only this new Version X4 gives me grief.

Do you recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the .dll files? I hesitate to do that because the last thing I want to do is to throw a monkey wrench into the mix.

Muriel!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The Italian Editors are FilterFactory plugins as far as I know. There are some FilterFactory plugins which cause PSP to crash. So the only alternative would be to use them in another program (e.g. a freeware one like IrfanView or XnView) and to move the produced image material back to PSP.

I do not think doing anything with the mentioned dlls will change anything.

Muriel
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Muriel »

Good Morning.

Thank-you for your reply.

I shall simply move an image to Version X3 when a FactoryFilter plugin, since I discovered they all make the program freeze and crash.

Perhaps Corel will come up with a fix..

Muriel!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You can also open FilterFactory plugins in the free FilterMeister plugin (www.filtermeister.com) and apply them from there. That will avoid the crash.

Muriel
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Muriel »

Good Morning..

Thank-you so much for your reply.

I actually have FilterMeister plugin installed on this computer - installed it years ago. This is an excellent workaround, with its own idiosyncrasies.

I copy/pasted the Italian Editor files into the Filtermeister folder, only to discover that VX4 now does not see any plugins at all unless VX3 is loaded! :roll: I have had no end of entertainment with these challenges, and I expect there are a few more in store for me. I am understandably loathe to do anything too cavalier with these files and folders because the last thing I want is to trigger a bit of rebellion with the other versions..

Many thanks for all your help..

Muriel!