plugin installation problems

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
Teri
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

plugin installation problems

Postby Teri » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:14 pm

Hello.

I've done the plugin installation tut. But the adobe photo elements plugins refuse to show up in PSP 7. Keep getting the error " The plugin has reported that needed functionality is not available within paintshop pro" WHAT does that mean? At first I got the error that the plugin couldn't be read. So I'm confused. What do I do to fix this problem?
Thank you for your help and time.

Hugs,
Teri

O9

I've done what the plugin installation tut told me to do for PSP7. Tried to get the plugins in Adobe Photo Elements to install. Keep getting the message "The plugin has reported that needed functionality is not kailable within paintshop pro." WHAT does that mean?? How do I fix it?n[list=][/list][img]SDPSO[/img]S

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:39 pm

You can't use the plugins that are delivered with Photoshop Elements in Paint Shop Pro. Adobe has seen to it that it isn't possible.
Last edited by HaraldHeim on Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherri

Postby Sherri » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:04 pm

But if you buy the Plug in Commander Pro you are able to use Adobe plugins. Because the Commander converts them?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:51 pm

Some of the plugins from Photoshop 7 and CS work in Plugin Commander Pro, but not all. I don't know about the native plugins from Photoshop Elements, but it should be similar.

You can't convert the native Photoshop (Elements) plugins. Plugin Commander only converts the thousands of Filter Factory plugins that are freely available on the web.

TARL_FURY
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Postby TARL_FURY » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 am

You can pick up a copy of Photoshop 6.0 fairly cheap these days, actually...since so many people out there seem to have contracted "terminal-upgrade FEVER".

I use PSP7 for most of my work, mostly due to speed, but also because certain plugins work better for me in PSP7 than they do in Photoshop. I'm always too busy to deal with work-arounds.

I basically only use Photoshop when I'm working with Layer Styles, which totally plow anything & everything I've ever seen for creative font-effects.
repeat after me : "I will not hype craptacular software."

Return to “Paint Shop Pro”