I need help, please (PSP8)

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
Mekare
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

I need help, please (PSP8)

Postby Mekare » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:55 pm

I'll try not to make this a novel but I've only had 3 computers in the last 15 years and I recently got the 3rd and am running windows 10. I don't remember how to get plugins to work with PSP8. I eventually remembered there was something about creating a new plugin folder and something about DLL's but I don't remember exactly what to get or where to put it.
Here's what I did so far: I went to google and got the full Nik collection, installed it into my psp plugin folder and it didn't show up so I remembered something about the file locations in PSP so I went there, made sure the correct folders were listed and even tried clicking and unclicking the boxes.. nothing has worked.
Now I know 8 is a very old version but it's the one I've always used and I really have no interest in the newer versions. I tried 10 but didn't like it.
Can anyone please help me? I've tried searching google but 8 is so old that there's really nothing there anymore. All of my old resources are no longer around. This forum is my last hope.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: I need help, please (PSP8)

Postby HaraldHeim » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:44 pm

PSP 8 is a 32-bit application, so the 32-bit versions of the nik plugins need to be installed. However, entering the path c:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\ in the PSP 8 Preferences should do it. But I do not know if the nik Collection will really work in PSP 8. Maybe it is not compatible with such an old version of PSP.

Return to “Paint Shop Pro”