New to this Forum

Post the newest and best resources (e.g. plugins, tuorials, sites) and image galleries you have found.
GizmoBird
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

New to this Forum

Post by GizmoBird »

I am a PSP v.9 user. I have enjoyed Harry and his information for years. I am an Admin at PSPPlayground a forum for users of PSP. We offer tutorials and help with PSP needs. I look forward to hearing about new plugins and the other information offered here.

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

Hi Gizmo,

I checked out your link, thinking I should add PSP resources (including your own) to my own site, and was immediately confronted with your stiff rules and regulations. They frightened me so much I chose not to proceed for fear of getting banned!

May I suggest that like the majority of forums I visit you allow curious visitors to at least browse your forum and resources before deciding whether or not to register and post.
Free digital imaging ezine (and discounted plug-ins!)
www.plugsandpixels.com

GizmoBird
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by GizmoBird »

We have strict rules to protect the copyright of our members and artists that allow their artwork to be used. We do not offer or allow pirated software to be offered. Most forums of our type do not allow viewing without people signing that they understand these rules, since permission by artists is usually given specifically to a forum for their use. Allowing people to visit without signing rules would allow people to grab artwork without knowing how it can and/or should not be used. The only people that have been banned from our site are those that sign up with totally inappropriate names (we consider ourselves a family site) and one person who tried to turn our forum into a politicial discussion forum (which it is not) and after being warned continued to do so. Infractions of posting wrong sizes (which is done to help dial up users) and other similar type of rules are always handled with just friendly reminders. I appreciate your suggestion, but for the above reasons we will not be allowing viewing without joining.
Proud Member PSPPlayground

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

Understood; it just seems like a playground with barbed wire and armed security guards watching the children play.

Perhaps you can look at a bunch of those other forums I linked and see how they handle things. The do have rules, of course, but they're not posted on an imposing iron door. And their visitors attach their work all the time, for all to see.

I would think PSP needs all the promotion it can get, as it competes against Photoshop. So removing unnecessary hurdles is in your best interest.

I still haven't signed up! For instance, I like to put my URL in my sig so I can share my helpful web resource--but I suspect that will get me banned, or warned or deleted, if I don't first get permission from the warden:

"12. If you have a site or forum you like to share with PSPplayground, you will need written permission from an Administrator or Moderator. No exemptions. Any such posts without permission will be deleted"

Yow.
www.plugsandpixels.com

GizmoBird
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by GizmoBird »

I have given you the reasons we do what we do. #12 is concerning unwanted advertising in posts (especially when there are numerous posts), there is a rule about that on this forum also. I do not engage in flame wars so best that this discussion ends, as I was just giving an introduction for myself and what I use PSP for. If you wish additional information or you have other comments, I suggest you PM me.
Proud Member PSPPlayground

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

No worries, it's your forum and you have a right to do as you will, and you have reasons to do so. I'm just giving you the outside perspective, FWIW.
www.plugsandpixels.com