software or plugin for crosstitch etc?

Post the newest and best resources (e.g. plugins, tuorials, sites) and image galleries you have found.
margaret
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

software or plugin for crosstitch etc?

Post by margaret »

hi there,

anyone know of software or photoshop plugin to make cross stitch or rughooking design/patterns (for Mac OS X or 9) using my own images? (photos & paintings)

tia,
margaret

Louise
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Louise »

I use the program PCStitch, unregistered version, that you can download at this address:
http://www.pcstitch.com/Download/Download.aspx
Since it is not a registered version, I cannot use the Save and Print options, so this is what I do when the image is set: I use the Print screen key (next to the F12 key on the board), paste the image in Paint Shop Pro and then, I reselect only the image, copy and paste again as a new image. That is how I manage.. Hope you can enjoy yourself as well!

margaret
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by margaret »

[quote="Louise"]I use the program PCStitch, unregistered version, that you can download at this address:
http://www.pcstitch.com/Download/Download.aspx
Since it is not a registered version, I cannot use the Save and Print options, so this is what I do when the image is set: I use the Print screen key (next to the F12 key on the board), paste the image in Paint Shop Pro and then, I reselect only the image, copy and paste again as a new image. That is how I manage.. Hope you can enjoy yourself as well![/quote]

thanks louise, but this program won't work on my Mac :o(

margaret

margaret
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by margaret »

[quote="Ginger"]Margaret,

Take a look at Stitch Painter by Cochenille Design Studio (cochenille.com). There is a cross stitch plug-in for this program.
Ginger[/quote]

thanks ginger! this works on the Mac (os 9) but it looks like its for drawing your own design using the squares? i want to find something like PCStitch for the Mac. to take my paintings or photos and turn them into cross stitch patterns. my daughter and i want to produce cross stitch kits using our images :roll:

cheers!
margaret

Louise
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Louise »

OK Margaret, then, do you have Paint Shop Pro? If so, try to change the grid size to 1 pixel everywhere and black as the color of the grid. Then, enlarge your image until each square is a pixel. That should do it.

margaret
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by margaret »

[quote="Louise"]OK Margaret, then, do you have Paint Shop Pro? If so, try to change the grid size to 1 pixel everywhere and black as the color of the grid. Then, enlarge your image until each square is a pixel. That should do it.[/quote]

hi again louise :o) thanks so much for your help. i use photoshop. can't get PSP for the Mac.

finally figgered out how to go about it...i've ordered PCStich online and am having it delivered to my daughter's addy. (in another city from me till next april when she's finished school) she has a pc and has downloaded the demo. she's tried it last night and is sold!! this is gonna be sooo much fun!

thanks again,
margaret :D

Gavorka
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

On-line Pattern Maker

Post by Gavorka »

You can try to use On-line Pattern Maker.