anti-aliasism in animation shop pro 3

Comments and discussions about other graphics tools
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I think the problem is that Animation Shop outputs GIF files which only support 256 colors. So I guess to "save colors" Animation Shop does not provide any anti-aliasing. But that is only a guess. I did not use Animation Shop for some years now.

How about drawing everything in seperate images in Photoshop and importing these images into Animation Shop? Should be possible.

Or why not use Image Ready (which is included with Photoshop) to do the animations?

0alinda
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Re: anti-aliasism in animation shop pro 3

Post by 0alinda »

eddyg86 wrote:I recently took to animation shop pro, to draw a little animation for a friend of mine.

I was going to draw with my WACOM tablet, as i do in photoshop Cs so very often.

In photoshop CS, and while i'm aware photoshop is a much more polished program than animation shop, when you are to draw a line picture in photoshop, there is an automatic anti-alias effect applied.

But in animation shop, not only is there no effect applies, and you are left with jagged, pixelated line drawings, there does not seem to be effect settings in which i can fix this - even by applying a 2x pixel blur or something simple.

So i'm left with horrid, pixelated unprofessional animations, and i am not fortunate or financially rich enough to afford a better program.

Does anyone know of anything I can do? A plugin? A setting I've been missing?

Any help appreciated!

ps. sorry for terrible english.
U can use some freeware for substitute. Such as " Easy GIF Animator" and "MotionGIF".