Need help will Genuine Fractals version 5 will work with PS

Comments and discussions about other graphics tools
Don
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Need help will Genuine Fractals version 5 will work with PS

Post by Don »

At least two (2) sellers on EBay told me that Genuine Fractals v5 would work with PhotoShop 7. :D

However, OnOne site says it only works with CS. :-?
Has anyone tried it to see if it works with PS v7 ?

I found, that if used with Focal Blade (after enlargement) this software provides superior images.

My problem is I don't want to upgrade to CS because I would have to upgrade my computer also. Can any person say price prohibitive (Try saying it three times in a row).

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sorry, I do not know. But if OnOne says it does not work, I am quite sure it does not.

Try getting Version 4. It will definitely work with PS 7.

Don
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Thanks !

Post by Don »

I'll look for version 4. OnOne hasn't replied to any of my inquiries and their web pages only list the newest version.

However there was a disclaimer that the newer versions were not checked with Photo Shop versions prior to version 7 and were not recommended with that usage (not their exact words but close).

Don
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Couldn't find version 4 however found a work around !

Post by Don »

8)

I purchased Photoshop Elements 7 for $30.00 on sale at a local store.
I purchased Genuine Fractals 5 in a Package deal on EBay for about half of the price for the new package.

The package allowed me to upgrade my Mask and Intellihance (very old versions that OnOne now owns) at the same time.

I'll use the Elements for these plug-ins and use Photoshop 7 for the rest of my work flow .
:D