Photoshop Filters Host SDK

Comments and discussions about other graphics tools
cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Re: Photoshop Filters Host SDK

Post by cincirin »

Hi Harshit,
I have found that the filter tested by me (maybe all that you've written) crash when trying to apply process with previous save parameters through descriptor suite callback functions.

For now, I don't know why this happened because I tested many other famous filters from Imagenomic, AlienSkin, etc ... who use these feature (reading/writing parameters) through descriptor suite callbacks or PICA action descriptor suite from Photoshop SDK.

So, for the moment you can delete the file where we save these parameters. These files are located in "APPDATA"\DMMD\Photoshop\"filterName".ini The "APPDATA" directory can find with getenv("APPDATA") function call.

Let me know if this temporary solution work for you.

I will let you know when I find the error (or maybe we can add some flag for not reading previous save parameters).

Regards,
Marius

Harshit
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Harshit »

:) hi,
Merry X-Mas to all

Harshit
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Harshit »

hi cincirin,
As you said to delete the file, There are files with the category name, some of those files(.ini) are of 0.KB size. I run my project , apply the filter and just delete the file manually and again apply the same filter. but this is not working. :roll:

null54
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by null54 »

The xero filters (along with most other FilterMeister filters) do not support scripting, the repeat effect command works if the contents of the FilterRecord->parameters and entrypoint data pointer are saved.

Filter Factory filters do not use the FilterRecord->parameters handle for some reason (even though it is recommended as far back as the PS 2.5 SDK :roll:) so they will crash if the process memory address space changes. :evil:

cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by cincirin »

Harshit,
can you write exactly the plug-in name that don't work ? I tried with Vignette Corrector from "MV's Plugins", and it work one after another if I delete the corresponding ini file with saved parameters. And for temporary solution, you do not need to delete manually the ini file, just call remove(getenv("APPDATA")\DMMD\Photoshop\FilterProblem".ini) for filters that don't work (if this is the problem).

Harshit
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Harshit »

hi cincirin,
the filter are ColorCube and Wire Worm from "MV's Plugins", these filter doesn't crash the application every time but shows a error message in second time and after that it works normally , i just wanted to remove that error message.
Thank you

cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by cincirin »

Hi Harshit,
First, sorry for delay, I was in prolonged holiday :-)
So, I fixed our filter parameters file path. Now these are:
getenv("APPDATA")\DMMD\Photoshop\filterCategory-filterName.ini
Also, if there are no filter parameters, no files with 0 size will be created.

With these new features fixes I tested both ColorTube and Wire Worm. But ... to me it appeared no error message. Please test with latest version ( http://pictomic.com/data/vsrPp_sdk.1.0.11891-win.tar.gz) and tell me if you still have problems.

Regards,
Marius
Last edited by cincirin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harshit
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Harshit »

hi :) ,
thanks for the solution, but i haven't tried it yet because of workload, i will soon check it and let you know about it's working status. for now i want to know is there any news for mac version ?

cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by cincirin »

Hi,
Unfortunately I have not had time to contribute to development Mac version of our Host SDK.
This is still in progress ...

Also, please be patient, I fixed the link that I previous posted (before was link with our Medical package filter plug-in), or as usually, you can find latest version here http://dmmd.net/main_wp/visere-6-5/

Harshit
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Harshit »

hi,
thanks for the quick reply. i would like to share my software with you, could you give me your e-mail id or etc. so i can send u the soft copy.

cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by cincirin »

Hi,
sure, am I glad for this. You can send me to: cincirin at yahoo

Harshit
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Harshit »

Hi, :)
I have send you the conformation mail, please reply with this no."56K89W" on my email-id.

cincirin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by cincirin »

We have fixed some mirror bugs, but main was support for 16 bits images.
Now in licensed version you can apply multiple photoshop filters one after another, in batch processing, without to open filter UI (this is true for those who support this feature, but all important plugins have this feature, to read parameters from host, without opening UI). Otherwise all other features so far are free to use (under LGPL license).
You can always download latest version from here: http://pictomic.com/test_PpHost/1.0/