Home  ||  Products | Download | Order  ||  Resources | Reviews | Forum | News | Gallery  ||  About

Photoshop has become all distorted - help?

Comments and discussions about other graphics tools

Photoshop has become all distorted - help?

Postby alijayadv » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:03 pm

see what I mean: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/ ... 3a8dcm.jpg
So...a while ago my photoshop just decided it was going to f*ck up all its colours. I can't use the gradient tool without it looking rough and creating colour distortion. Even my colour palette has a visible distortion.
And as you can see from this screenshot - every time I copy and paste an image from the internet this is what it does to it.
(I made this screenshot in Paint, for obvious reasons)

Have I changed any settings? No. Not that I'm aware.
Only thing that happened about the same time was a windows update - a graphics/display one. But everything else is fine, even my other Adobe products. It's just photoshop.

I even downloaded a trial of CS5 to see if Elements was just being a poo, but CS5 is this way too. (therefore I doubt uninstalling Elements will help)
alijayadv
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Re: Photoshop has become all distorted - help?

Postby HaraldHeim » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:29 pm

I suspect that a monitor profile was installed with the Windows update. Photoshop and Elements are using it to display images, which creates the display problem. I had such problems myself in the past.

Please remove the monitor profile from your Display control panel. If you let me know which Windows version you are using, I can give you more detailed instructions.
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Photoshop has become all distorted - help?

Postby bishvabis » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:43 pm

This is a graphics driver issue. Don't assume that Microsoft knows more about your graphics card than the manufacturer. Go to the card maker's website and download/install the latest driver for you version of Windows.

Photoshop is a resource heavy program that will stretch the driver to its maximum capability. If ti si not the correct driver, you will get display errors

You also might want to check and increase your RAM
bishvabis
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Return to Other Graphics Tools