Home  ||  Products | Download | Order  ||  Resources | Reviews | Forum | News | Gallery  ||  About

frame integration

Comments and discussions about Premiere, After Effects and other video applications

frame integration

Postby JohnG » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:22 pm

Hello everyone, this is my first post to this forum so go easy :o

I've been looking around for frame integration tools that will allow for considerably enhanced still images / frame grabs by sampling several video frames and 'reverse engineering' the image.

Unfortunatley the only systems I've found are bundled in prohibitively expensive industrial (security surveillance) software, but are capable of doubling the optical resolution of the image!

The simplest form would allow the manual alignment of the two interlaced fields (rather than dumping one field and interpolating a replacement from the other).

More advanced systems seem to use pixel alignment algorithms which are similar (if not identical) to those used in photo-stitching systems (eg Helmut Dersh's Panotools).

I wonder if anyone has come across any plugins or clever tricks along these lines - I guess they could use either Photoshop or Premiere ... framegrabs seem to fall between the two!

I look forward to hearing any suggestions.

Thanks
JohnG
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Return to Premiere, After Effects and Digital Video