Looking for "spin" plugin

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
NikonNanna
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Looking for "spin" plugin

Post by NikonNanna »

Several years ago I had a neat free Photoshop compatible plugin that created many iterations of the background image, with each iteration rotated slightly. The user determined the number of iterations, up to the limit of layers Photoshop permits. I cannot now locate that plugin after many system and recording media changes. Does anyone know the correct name of this plugin and where I might download a new copy of it that is compatible with PS 7?

Thanks!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Can you please give more information about the plugin? Maybe that helps.

NikonNanna
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Spin/Rotation plugin

Post by NikonNanna »

This plugin created multiple layers with each layer rotated a few degrees. Then when you flattened the image, all the layers appeared transparently so that you could see all the rotations as one image. The user chose the number of layers and thus the number of rotations of the base image. For instance, I had a photo of a sunrise to which I applied this plugin. I forget how many rotations I chose now - perhaps 6 or 8 - but it layered new copies of the original image at different angles to the original so that every layer showed through.

I will be home through tomorrow 6-12-04, but will be gone for over a week, so if you write and don't hear from me right away after tomorrow, I will respond when I return.

Thanks!

Re: Looking for "spin" plugin

Post by Guest »

NikonNanna wrote:Several years ago I had a neat free Photoshop compatible plugin that created many iterations of the background image, with each iteration rotated slightly. The user determined the number of iterations, up to the limit of layers Photoshop permits. I cannot now locate that plugin after many system and recording media changes. Does anyone know the correct name of this plugin and where I might download a new copy of it that is compatible with PS 7?

Thanks!
You don't need a plugin to do this.

Make a selection.
Copy and paste it back into it's own layer.
Bring up the transform tool and make a small change in size, rotation or both.
Hold down Shift, Cntrl, Alt. Now each time you press T it will reapply the transform and make a new layer.

Don

"spin" plugin

Post by Guest »

I think the Kaleidoscope 2 plugin from Mehdi will do what you want quite easily, using the 'blend' mode at the top. It is a great plugin, as are his others. Get it free at
http://www.selwane.com/mehdi/english/kaleidoscope.htm

hope this helps, belated as it may be.

Mau

could this be what your looking for?

Post by Mau »

I have Mura's Copies, it makes (what else?)..copies of itself and can be done in any direction ex: Horizontally, Vertically, Spiral, and you can adjust how many "copies" you want. I dont have a link where to get this, Iobtained thru doing a tutorial, I am sure if you do a search on Google, you will find it. (My apologies about not knowing where to get it)
But, I thought at least with a name, you'd be on your way.

have a good day!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »