Plug-in for batch adding text or logo on various size images

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
DKDiveDude
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Plug-in for batch adding text or logo on various size images

Post by DKDiveDude »

I'm sure one or more of you guys or gals, must have come upon a plug-in for Adobe Photoshop that can do the following:

1) Add visible watermark, either as text, or logo image, to an image already open

2) At a specified location, example Bottom Center, Upper Left, etc., meaning it can intelligently add watermark at same relative location to images of various size

3) And all Batch Compatible

Any suggestions?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

It is best to create a Photoshop action for that task. Test which steps you need to perform that task in Photoshop. Then press the record button of the action palette and repeat these steps. After that you can use the action in comination with Photoshop's Batch command.

I can't think of a plugin that does that. You could also do a web search for "Watermark Photoshop Action". Maybe someone else created such an action already and offers it for download.

DKDiveDude
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by DKDiveDude »

Maybe it's my limited knowledge of Photoshop, but thought I could only position a text or logo, in the bottom center of an image, say 10 pixels from the bottom, on various size image and orientations, if I do it manually.

If this is indeed possible to position a text or image from the clipboard, paste, and position it in the bottom center of the image, as an action that will work on various image size and orientations, please explain how this is done.

Thanks

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You have to use the following steps:

1. Copy and paste the logo into the photo.

2. Choose Select > All.

3. Choose a command from Layer > Align To Selection depending on where you want the logo to align. You may need to use two of these commands to get the right position.

DKDiveDude
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by DKDiveDude »

Ahh, I see, and off course I can record this as a new action. I did not know it was that easy.

Thanks