Software or Plug-in for Apparel Design

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
anirtex
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Software or Plug-in for Apparel Design

Postby anirtex » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:23 am

Hi,

I am a junior desinger for Laides apparel and current
needs additional software or plug-in as to generate pattern
(both knitted & woven), & to create sketches for
styles for the up coming Fall/Winter Collection 2005!

I am using Photoshop CS & Illustrator CS right now(as
asigned by the employer).

Could you folks please give me some direction for what kinds
of software or plug-in (better to be free) that suit
my needs!

I had searched the Web, however, those softwares or
far beyond our target in prices.

Please can somebody help?!

Best regards,

anirtex :)

-------------------------------------

ps. Sorry Mod if I'm posting in the wrong column since I'm a Newbie here! :oops:

Your Subject

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:48 pm

usaved

Your Subject

Postby usaved » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:49 pm

mitchman
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Patterns and weaves

Postby mitchman » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:13 pm

I did not know about Redfield...Ah, they are for Windows platform only. I do wish people would be a bit more specific and not assume an IBM world in the graphics industry...sigh. So what platform are you using?
You may want to check out Flaming Pear. They have a coule that may help like Knot, Wavey Colors, and Vibrant Patterns. Just an idea...

RSchlosser
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Postby RSchlosser » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:39 am

Ah, I have attempted to follow the 'thread' of your inquiry and YOU haven't supplied the info needed to piece together the 'fabric' of your inquiry! :lol:
You were not specific about your needs or your equipment. From my limited knowledge of what you require, you want a plugin for either Photoshop or Illustrator that will do SOMETHING with embroidery or stitching designs.
Well, I'll assume that you are using some type of sewing equipment that excepts disigns on memory cards in one of the popular formats, such as: CSD, PCS, HUS, PES, JEF, SEW, PCM, XXX, EXP, DST, SHV, JEL, etc. So if you are using PS and AI as design tools, you may need a plugin that CONVERTS the output of PS or AI into one of these formats. This is normally done by the 8bi filters in the File Formats folder of PS for example.
I would guess, however, that the conversion is more sophisticated than can be accomplished through a simple input/output filter, and therefore, you need a seperate program that may or may not have its own vector graphics capability, such as 'Embroidery Magic', which has the ability to import most graphic formats and convert them to one of the previously mentioned formats.
These programs are not cheap, but they are 'tailored' specifically to the requirments of these machines and the commonly used design functions used to create sophisticated patterns. For example, 'Stitch Tree DRAWings' contains the complete CorelDRAW suite which should easily satisfy most people's needs. But it is pricey at $1000.
You also mentioned software able to "create sketches for styles." That would require AI (artificial intelligence) and oodles of moolah, which you lack.
Finally, there are numerous program/USB box combinations which help to convert formats and write the data files to the various memory cards used by modern sewing equipment.
I've probably left some loose threads, but I'll leave you with a net resource that looked promising.
[url]http://directory.google.com/Top/Shopping/Crafts/Supplies/Fiber_Arts/Software/
[/url]

Snow123
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Postby Snow123 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:06 am

I also think these programs are not cheap, but they are 'tailored' specifically to the requirments of these machines and the commonly used design functions used to create sophisticated patterns. For example, 'Stitch Tree DRAWings' contains the complete CorelDRAW suite which should easily satisfy most people's needs. But it is pricey at $1000. :D

Return to “Photoshop-compatible Plugins”