adobe photoshop 7 users pl i need help

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
rachnasingh
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

adobe photoshop 7 users pl i need help

Post by rachnasingh »

I have created a design in adobe photoshop for fabric. this design has to be printed on the fabric . the image is in RGB and i want to know how can i save each colour individually as a separate file. so that latter on the tranparencies can be made from the same . if it will help then i can even email the image to anyone who could explain

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I guess you will want to convert the RGB image to CMYK at first. That can be done with Image > Mode > CMYK. After that you can select each channel in Channel palette and save the individual channels seperately.

rachnsingh

colour separations

Post by rachnsingh »

i wnat to print colour separations without changing the rgb yo cmyk

vampirefan

Post by vampirefan »

it's really going to depend on what result you want.

if you want something like "spot colors" then you will need to create 1 layer for each spot color, each with only the spot color cutouts for that particular color.

otherwise, i think you should just be able to hide 2 of the 3 channels for each color and print out the resulting image. (for example, when printing the RED, hide the GREEN and BLUE channels, then print, etc.)

finally, it will depend on who is going to process the printing. you should probably ask them what file type will give the results you are looking for. each printer may have a different idea so there's no one answer.

laura

Post by Guest »

just reread your message and realize you just want to save the files. you can create 3 copies of your original image and then in each of them delete all the color chanels so that each individual image only contains one of the 3 channels...

bubba

send me your file. i work for a screen printing company

Post by bubba »

i will look at your file. i will need color of fabric to be printed on. if it is dark , than some coloring will require an underbase. zip file and send to bubba03@verizon.net . i look at it as soon as i can.