"Fine Dots" Effect or Plug-In for Photoshop

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Cybertec

"Fine Dots" Effect or Plug-In for Photoshop

Post by Cybertec »

Hi Community!

Does someone have any idea how to make this "Fine Dot" Effect which you can see on the attached image with Photoshop?

Is there a Plug-In available to do this or another way to get such a nice result in Photoshop CS?

Maybe someone can help.

Thanks a lot from Austria if someone can help!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Have a look at www.cybia.co.uk for some free plugins. As far as I remember the free Screenworks plugins create such a dot effect. The color gradient can easily be done with Photoshop's gradient tool.

Cybertec

Awesome!

Post by Cybertec »

Hi Harry!

First of all - thanks for your very quick reply to my question.
You are an absolute Genius!

The Plug-Ins at www.cybia.co.uk are absolute amazing. Not only the Screenworks Plug-In also all the other free ones. Very useful for me. Meanwhile I downloaded them all. Each one has very powerful and needful features which I won't miss any more.

After I posted my question I found also a solution how to create the "Dot Effect" in Photoshop without using a Plug-In. I just created a new transparent document with 4x4 pixels and put a grid of 4 pixels on it. This document I used as a pattern and did a fill on a new layer of the picture where I need the "Dot Effect". The I made the top layer with the dots 50% transparent and I got the same result. The good thing with this method is that I can also choose the colour of the dots I want on the bottom picture or layer.
Very simple and fast also :-)

But anyway - thanks again for your help and the wonderful link to some very nice free Plug-Ins.

I also looked at the Homepage from the post "Pond Ripple Effect" - how to make a wave like effect. And the "www.redfieldplugins.com" site I did not know also. I waslooking for such a wave effect "Water Ripples" for months!

If you have some more of such outstanding free Plug-In Sites please let me know :-)

Greetings,

Cybertec from Austria

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

As you specifically asked for a plugin I didn't mention that you can easily do such a dot pattern by hand and repeat it over an image.

Have a look at http://thepluginsite.com/resources/freeps.htm
for an almost complete list of free plugins. If you subscribe to our newsletter at http://thepluginsite.com/news/, you will get news about free plugins every month.