Noise-removal tools

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint

Noise-removal tools

Post by guest »

Hi,

I know there are several tools for noise removal out there, but they all are different in some way, effectiveness, speed and accuracy.
I know Neat Image that works well with profiles, but has problems with fotos from unknown camera modell and no space for generating the correct profiles.

I know Noise Ware that works quickly but mostly destroys lots of fine detail (or leaves lots of noise in the pics).

I know that there ist noise ninja, but didn't try it out yet.

What else is available and recommendable in the market for photo noise reduction ?
Which gives the best results when preservation of fine detail is required ?

Thanks a lot !

Rilo Naumann,
Bensheim, Germany

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I don't consider using camera profiles the best way to remove noise. You get better results by creating a new noise profile for each image. Often you also have to experiment with different settings to get the best result.

Noise Ninja basically works very similar to Neat Image. You shuld also have a look at Helicon Filter and DigitalGEM. Especially DigitalGEM uses a different noise reduction method which works better on some images.

Lightkeeper
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Noise Ninja

Post by Lightkeeper »

I have found Noise Ninja to be highly effective, and you have some nice control with the program as well. You can individually profile each image, and there is an undo brush to reduce the effect in the parts of the picture where it is undesireable. I have found it very effective at noise reduction in blue sky, and also overall noise reduction when a high ISO setting is required.

You can download the test version of Noise Ninja at PictureCode.com and if you like it, you can buy the 8 bit version for only $29, or the Professional version which supports 16 bit for $69.

David <><

coaster1robert
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Try this one!!!

Post by coaster1robert »

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Noiseware is available only for Microsoft Windows® at this moment. Other platforms will be supported soon.

Please verify your system meets the following requirements:

* Microsoft Windows® 98SE/Me/2000/XP
* 64MB free RAM for 4 MPixel images, 96MB free RAM for 8 MPixel images
* 10MB free harddrive space

http://www.noiseware.com/download.asp