Paint Shop Pro 9 - error message (using simple filters)

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
pennyjelly
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Paint Shop Pro 9 - error message (using simple filters)

Post by pennyjelly »

Hello everyone:
This is my first time posting, so I hope I am placing this in the right section.

Anyways, I just installed Plugin Commander Pro. I noticed that I have no problems using filters when in PhotoShop 7 and PhotoImpact 8, but I get error message when trying to apply filters in PSP 9.

You can see the error message here:
http://www.pennyjelly.com/simple_filter_error.jpg

I also attached a screenshot of my resources so you can see that I'm not out of memory as the error suggests.

Also, I noticed that many of the other filters do not work in PSP 9 (after installation of Plugin Commander Pro), like Eye Candy 4000; Splat; Xeno 2 and Flaming Pear. I have no problems using the filters with PSP 9 if Plugin Commander Pro were uninstalled.

The problem is - - I purchased Plugin Commander Pro so I could get organized with my plug-ins. I would hate to uninstall because I can not use these expensive filters and software.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I don't know how you come to the conclusion that Plugin Commander Pro keeps other filters from working in PSP 9, although they still work in Photoshop and PhotoImpact. I don't see how Plugin Commander Pro should do this. I suspect that the problem with these plugins occured after you installed Plugin Commander Pro, but that it is just a coincidence.

The screen shot of the error message that you show comes from a plugin that was created with Filter Meister. You only mention Eye Candy 4000, Splat, Xenofex 2 and Flaming Pear, but none of them was created by Filter Meister, so they would not display that error message.

Please let me know which plugin displayed this error message. Then I will be able to help you better. Additionally please let me know exactly what problems the other mentioned plugins cause. Otherwise I won't be able to help you.

pennyjelly
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Paint Shop Pro 9 - error message (using "Simple Filters

Post by pennyjelly »

Many thanks to anyone who viewed or replied to this posting. It's rather difficult being a new person. I'm always hesistant to post to these boards because I'm never sure if I can describe the problem correctly.

I have resolved my problem by taking the following steps:

1) Re-read the consumer reviews for PSP 9. After doing this, I have decided that it's a problem related to this newest version of Paint Shop Pro. After all, I was only having this problem when using PSP 9. Looks like I have joined the ranks of consumers who aren't totally happy with the newest version of PSP 9. On the other hand, I haven't given up hope. I'm sure they'll come up with a batch sooner or later.

2) Make sure that the Plug-in Commander Pro was placed in the correct directory, so I un-installed and re-installed to the Photoshop plugin folder.

After re-starting the PC, I noticed that all the filters were working properly in PSP 9 (never had a problem with PhotoShop or PhotoImpact).
This includes "Simple Filters", "Eye Candy 4000", "Splat", "Flaming Pear - Flood, Flexify, SuperBladePro" and Xeno 2.

More importantly, I was able to complete previous assignments and move on to next.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

If you describe a problem as detailed as possible, you can't do anything wrong. With detailed I mean: "Which steps did you do exactly? What were the results exactly?" If you have these questions in mind when writing about a problem, other people will be better able to help you. You should also try to reproduce the problems at least a second time. Some problems only occur once and then never again.

Concerning Plugin Commander I usually advice against installing it in any plugin folder. But if you have no problems with that and don't want to reinstall again, you can keep it that way.