app: Fireworks

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Lighting Plugin

app: Fireworks

Post by Lighting Plugin »

Hi, I've been a ThePluginSite-newsletter subscriber for years, so HaraldHeim has ALL my compliments for his job.

Now, the question: is there a good light caster Fireworks MX 2004-compatible, as good as the one integrated in Photoshop?

Thank you very much =)

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for the compliments!

I don't know any plugin that works like Photoshop's Lighting filter. PSP and Photo-Paint offer imitations of it, but seems that Macromedia didn't do that yet.

There is Mystical Lighting from Auto FX, but it is more aimed at artistic effects. There is also Light! from Digital Film Tools, but is only lets you add light in the form of image masks. There is also Photo-Light from Human Software, but that's similar.

Post by Guest »

HaraldHeim wrote:Thanks for the compliments!

I don't know any plugin that works like Photoshop's Lighting filter. PSP and Photo-Paint offer imitations of it, but seems that Macromedia didn't do that yet.

There is Mystical Lighting from Auto FX, but it is more aimed at artistic effects. There is also Light! from Digital Film Tools, but is only lets you add light in the form of image masks. There is also Photo-Light from Human Software, but that's similar.
I just got Auto FX's suite and Human Software's PhotoLight (1.5 version). The second one I cannot get to run on Fireworks.

I think light-casting features is one of the biggest differences between photoshop and fireworks.

Lighting is all in graphics nowadays. What do you think of it?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I'm, not surprised that Photo-Light doesn't work in Fireworks. Fireworks isn't the most compatible plugin host and some plugin developers don't care to test their plugins with it. If you bought Photo-Light, you should try to get a refund.

Light! from Digital Film Tools only works in Photoshop either. Sorry that I forgot that in my last post. I didn't think of it.

I myself am working on a plugin at the moment that will let you apply lighting effects as an additional feature. I'm not sure if it will be the right tool for you, but you may have a look. It should become available by the end of December.