Problem installing Neurology filters

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
kellzzbellzz
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Problem installing Neurology filters

Post by kellzzbellzz »

Hi, This is my first visit here & it looks like a good place to be!! I have downloaded neurology filters but when I try to use them I get an error telling me they aren't installed properly or there are missing files. I have the proper drivers in my windows system file & have a good few other filters working properly, including filter factory. What can I do to get these working??

cheers & thanx in advance.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

kellzzbellzz
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by kellzzbellzz »

Thanx for the reply. I have both those loaded in my windows system. Any other ideas??

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Are you sure that you really have them in the right folder?

There is no other problem with Filter Factory plugins that causes this error message.

Post by Guest »

Hmm, maybe there is now?? Altho, I do have 2 of Msvcrt10.dll:

c:\windows\system and
c:\windows\system32

I have plugin.dll in c:\windows\system and c:\windows\system32\macromed\shockwave 10

I also have npqtplugin.dll & LSplugin.dll.

Does any of this mean anything??

kellzzbellzz
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by kellzzbellzz »

oops, that last post was mine, I wasn't logged in, sorry if I misled you!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The one in theshockwave folder is probably not the plugin.dll that is needed by FilterFactoy. So maybe you have the same one in c:\windows\system

kellzzbellzz
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by kellzzbellzz »

So what else should I try?? I do have other filter factory plug ins working ok...

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The Neology filters need plugin.dll. You could use Plugin Commander Light to convert them to a FilterFactory version that doesn't need plugin.dll.

If you have any Adobe software installed you can find plugin.dll in its folder. Then you just need to copy it to your Windows System folder.

We don't offer plugin.dll for download on our web site, because it isn't really legal to do so. However, there are some website which don't have these concerns and offer it for download. I can't tell you their URLs, because that wouldn't be legal either :-).