pluginn for gradients along a path / shape

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
artwork

pluginn for gradients along a path / shape

Post by artwork »

is there a plugin that allows me to create paths or shapes and haeve the gradient follow the shape of the path/shape?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The gradient plugin from KPT 3 (www.corel.com) creates gradients that are shaped according to a selection. There may be other plugins that do that...

I guess I'll develop such a plugin myself sometime in the future, too.

artwork

gradient along a path / selection

Post by artwork »

well, I hope you have a little spare time tomorrow :D

toby
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Re: pluginn for gradients along a path / shape

Post by toby »

artwork wrote:is there a plugin that allows me to create paths or shapes and haeve the gradient follow the shape of the path/shape?
In lieu of a raster equivalent, I have found that Illustrator blends are a convenient way of producing such gradients. (Then Rasterise.)

If making the solid gradient that way is not quite what you are after, alternatively make a selection mask with that method and bring it into Photoshop for further processing.

Re: pluginn for gradients along a path / shape

Post by Guest »

toby wrote:
artwork wrote:is there a plugin that allows me to create paths or shapes and haeve the gradient follow the shape of the path/shape?
In lieu of a raster equivalent, I have found that Illustrator blends are a convenient way of producing such gradients. (Then Rasterise.)

If making the solid gradient that way is not quite what you are after, alternatively make a selection mask with that method and bring it into Photoshop for further processing.
Well the thing is that I don't have Illustrator. Up to now Photoshop has done what I need, exept for this one particular thing.

So I'll guess I have to wait until Harald can find the time to write a plugin.
Thanks for the suggestion though

Post by Guest »

you can always blur your shape (rasterize it first)
and then apply the gradient map tool from photoshop
this is not perfect , but sometimes it leads to very cool results.
:)

quest

gradient

Post by quest »

Perhaps Gradient Smithy made by Mehdi is what you are looking for.
Filters Unlimited has also a gradient section