Polfilter-Plugin

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Rilo
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Polfilter-Plugin

Post by Rilo »

Hello everybody,

I wonder if there is something like a Polfilter-plugins ?
So to say a plugin, that achieves the effekt of a polfilter ?

I know there a some techniques in Photo Shop that comes
near a polfilter, colour-cleansing for each colours, gradients and
sky-adjustments. But nothing comes really near a real polfilter effect.

Thank you for your hints !
best regards,
Rilo

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Rilo, our new LightMachine plugin can achieve a polarizer effect. Basically you switch to Colors Pro mode, click on the blue sky and adjust brightness, contrast and saturation.

Have a look at the LightMachine example at the top of this page:
http://thepluginsite.com/products/photo ... mplesC.htm
This is just one variation of a polfilter effect that it can achieve.

Another plugin that can achive a polfilter effect is nik ColorEfex.

Rilo
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Polfilter-Plugin

Post by Rilo »

Hi Harald,

thanks for your really quick ansers!

I looked at the picture-example but dont really agree that this is a complete polfilter effect. What I can see here is that the contrast and brightness (gradiation) of the sky was adapted but nothing else.

A polfilter would have some effekt to the ground too and eliminates reflections (only two aspects of many others). Indeed if you really try to find good polfilter-tools you would hardy find anything that comes really near the true polfilter.

I didnt look at the nik ColorEfex, maybe its useful.

You can use some PS-Actions that emulate the polfilter effect (like color-cleansing etc.) but it only gets some aspects of it. Esp. Reflections should be a problem.
best regards,
Rilo

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

LightMachine could affect the ground in that image, too. It was just a specific example. You can do much more in LightMachine.

Removing reflection by software isn't possible in an automated way. So you will look in vain for software filters for that purpose. If you want to remove reflections you still have to do that manually with the clone brush and other tools.

Other available polfilter plugins don't do much else than what LightMachine does. They only let you darken blue areas without affecting the rest of the image too much.