Photoshop Plugiins (lightning effect)

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
photojig

Photoshop Plugiins (lightning effect)

Post by photojig »

for some reason, my lightining effect as well as lens flare effect wont work on my Photoshop CS. I have the MAC version, if that has anything to do with it. Does anyone know why??? and what should I do about it??? The plug ins appear on my filters folder in the Photoshop CS folder. Anyone Know what's going on???

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Don't these filters appear on the menu? Or can you just not apply them? Please describe more precisely what the problem is.

photojig

lighting effect

Post by photojig »

they do appear on the menu as well as in the filter or effect folders. I cannot seem to apply them. When I bring down the menu, lighing effect and lens flare cannot be highlited to be selected.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

If a filter is greyed out in the menu, it means that you need to change the image mode before you can apply it. Many filters can onl be applied to RGB images.

photojig

Post by photojig »

I got my BA in graphic design, and I didn't even know that...I feel both ashamed and grateful because it worked. Thank you Very much! I guess We are always learning

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Never mind, noone can know everything :-). If you want to learn more about plugins, please read my Plugin Essentials article at
http://thepluginsite.com/knowhow/tutori ... uction.htm

It mentioned such details as the one you had a problem with.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The AutoFX plugins with the DreamSuite interface are all very slow. So if you don't have the latest and fastest processor (and even then!), you need to be very patient all the time. So for me they are as good as useless.

I found that the Photographic Edges 6 plugins was one of the fastest of them, although the old Version 4 was faster and more comfortable.