Photoshop plugin to make a picture look old.

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Post Reply
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:48 am
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia

Post by Photofix »

I'm sure there is a plug out there that will do what you want. There is a way to sorta do a good job for free though and you just happen to be at the site where you can download this filter for free. Harry's Filters 3.0 is what you want.
Open your photo and hit ctrl+J to dup the background. Then open Harry's Filters and toggle to the group, Color and FX, old film. Use the slider to adjust it the way you like. click apply.
Then add a sepia tint with... Harry's Photo Freebies...Oh, BTW, you can also download these free filters here also.
Try this and see what you think.
Photofix :lol:

Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:11 am
Location: Massachusettes

Post by Roo »

I can't say enough about this one, and it's free:
Virtual Photographer

Another one that you have to purchase:
VanDerLee Old Movie

Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:30 am
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

Photo Aging Kit

Post by jainen »

Filters Unlimited has a Photo Aging Kit that colorizes, fades, adds dirt and scratches (even coffee stains), and creates old-style photo paper edges.

Post Reply