PSP12 Camera Raw Support

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
steve4god
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

PSP12 Camera Raw Support

Post by steve4god »

I have seen PSP 12 has support for the same Camera's supported by the Adobe "CameraRAW.8bi" PSP12 is more affordable than Photoshop should you be interested.

Photofix
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Photofix »

Hi There,
What exactly is your question here? I do think it should be a 8 bf file though.
pixfixer, sorry this is not up to my usual standards, I feel so terrible at the moment,,,really feel bad

steve4god
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by steve4god »

What I really was doing was advising those on the forum (as the question had been asked about Camera support for PS7 and that PSP was cheaper), that Adobe has a plugin on their CS site that works in PS7 (I have used it in PS7), and also that Paint Shop Pro 12 has the same camera suppot built-in when you purchase it so those with cameras not supported in the past can purchase PSP12 knowing the support is there. And a PSP12 is a cheaper option to PS7.

steve4god
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Re my other post in this Forum (lastnight)

Post by steve4god »

I am hoping someone can assit me with a similar plugin for Corel-PhotoPaint 12 or Earlier?

steve4god
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

8BI/8BF?

Post by steve4god »

The Plugin I down loaded to PSCS and PS7 is an 8BI and does work. PSP12 's may well be 8BF but I don't have it so cannot answere that. May be someone with PSP12 can?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Steve, your posts are quite confusing. First of all I suspect that you mean Photo-Paint 12 with "PSP12" or "Paint Shop Pro 12". The current version of Paint Shop Pro is 9 and not 12. Better write PP12 if you are refering to Photo-Paint 12.

Paint Shop Pro 9 lets you import RAW files, but it is a very poor option. First of all the Camera RAW Data tool in PSP9 offers only very limited options, a bad color correction option and only lets you import RAW files in 8bit.

Photo-Paint 12 doesn't offer RAW support. So if you want to edit RAW files in PP12, you should use Capture One or RAWShooter to convert them to TIF format and then open the TIF files in PP12.

quentyn
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by quentyn »

you can also use bibble 4.2 ... i find it better than capture one

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Capture One does a better color correction in some cases than Bibble.

quentyn
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by quentyn »

i did many try wih the same photos with both to look at the result and most part of the time it was the contrary .. advantage for bibble

capture one like adobe has a NAME thats all

now raw shooter esentials 2005 does the same job