PhotoFreebies Plug-in installation

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Lotus 78
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

PhotoFreebies Plug-in installation

Post by Lotus 78 »

Hi, I've a question about the installation of the PhotoFreebies plug-in. After a successful download I clicked on the executable file (PhotoFreebies.exe) but instead of installing I receive an error message indicating this file has encountered a problem and must close. I tried downloading the same .exe from each of the three sites indicated on the Plug-in downloads page, and in each instance find the same results.

My PC is operating under Windows XP Pro SP2, with all antivirus, spyware, and other security precautions up to date. I most frequently use the current version of PSP for graphics editing and creation.

Has anyone a solution to this perplexing problem with the Freebies installer? Thank you.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sounds like the file wasn't fully downloaded. I can only tell you to try downloading later. There was quite some download traffic going on recently, so that could have caused the problem.

Lotus 78
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Lotus 78 »

Thank you for your reply. I tried again, and the results were the same: any time I try to run the .exe the installation process begins and then halts abruptly saying it has encountered a problem and must close.

I tried obtaining the photofreebies.exe from each of the three different sites indicated on the downloads site, and each downloaded file produced the same failed installation.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I just sent it to you via email. Please let me know if it works.

Lotus 78
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Lotus 78 »

That helped, Harry! Thank you very much, both for your assistance with this and for creating and offering such terrific products.

Take care,

Chummy