Filter Attacks Help -- Error Message

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
galvet
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Filter Attacks Help -- Error Message

Post by galvet »

Can ANYONE please help.

I have been trying UNSUCCESSFULLY to install the "Attack" Filters to my computer for use in Paint Shop Pro. Each time I double click on the Install/setup icon it gives the following error message:

C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXE.NT
The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

To what "application" are they referring? I don't have any other applications running at the time I'm trying to install. My system is XP and the only other plugin that I'm unable to install and get the same identical error message is ULEAD Art Texture. All other plugin seem to install without a hitch and I have several.

Can anyone tell me what could possible be going on?

Deb

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I think the setup is a bit old and refuses to work under XP. Please contact the manufacturers of these plugins and ask for help.

galvet
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by galvet »

Thanks Corey. I don't know who makes "Attack Filters". Do you?
I've done a search on Google and still they filters don't come up.

deb

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I think they were created or published by a German company called "Team West". I don't think they have a web site and may not be in business anymore. They are still sold at http://www.arktis.de/shopware.dll/cSHOW ... IEW,19418/

galvet
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by galvet »

Thanks Corey,

You are undisputedly the "BEST". Thanks again for the quick reply.

Deb