how can I make rain?

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Robsmom
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

how can I make rain?

Post by Robsmom »

I was searching through past messages here until at page 7 I got page can not be found... So okay, I want to make it rain. I can get the effect I want with Eye Candy but not apply it..demo copy! I sure cann't afford to buy Eye Candy.. I am just playing for myself with PSP and on SS. Any other free plugins for rain? :wink:

EyeSpy
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Rain . . .

Post by EyeSpy »

Robsmom,

I use Ulead's Particle Plugin to make rain (and some other nifty effects). It's free, but you do have to register in order to download.

http://www.ulead.com/download/freedownload.htm

Hope this helps!
Art166.com -
'Vivid imagery for the adventurous mind.'

Robsmom
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Robsmom »

thank you, EyeSpy, I am trying to get it now.

Allen-H
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Allen-H »

I used to have a photoshop action for rain, but lost it, very good action if anyone knows where to find another copy please post

Lesam
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Rain

Post by Lesam »

If you go to http://forums.gfxvoid.com/t-1485.htm there is great Tutorial on making Simple rain

Allen-H
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Allen-H »

Thanks for that link Lesam

Robsmom
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Robsmom »

Thanks, Lesam, I got that tut for rain and I understand it, I think. Nobody seems to be home at ulead...they said I need a e mail password but I have not received any e mail from them. been a couple of days.. Think I will click back there and check it out again. Robsmom

Lesam
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Rain

Post by Lesam »

G'day Robsmom, there is one small trick with the Tutorial, if your final animation seems to " flash " check that all frames have the rain effect filter applied. A frame without filter applied ( the original image file ) causes the flash effect.

Allen-H
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Allen-H »

AGentleMuse, Thanks I will have to look at the site in detail as it requires registration

hermit57
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Make it rain

Post by hermit57 »

I wasn't sure if you are looking for animated rain? As I am not that familiar with Eye Candy. However I am on SS also, and am always looking for free plug ins too. I hope this helps with what you want. Go to http://www.anfyteam.com. I have a lot of fun with it! And You get to keep what you design. :D

Allen-H
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Allen-H »

Thanks for the replies on this one, They are good downloads, but I am looking for a straight forward action to make rain ( Not animated )
Thanks

Lesam
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by Lesam »

G'day Allen-H,
I have been fiddling with the settings and trying greys instead of black in the first part of the animated rain tutorial.
Depending on the background image colour, you can get a reasonable static rain effect.
Lesam

Allen-H
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Allen-H »

Thanks for that Lesam. I will give it a try