Repeat design plugin

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
lizgouz
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Repeat design plugin

Postby lizgouz » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:19 pm

Hi
Is there a plugin to make repeat design, I mean when I move my design on the side of my working area how can it goes automaticly on the opposite side?
Can U help me.

Jaci
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby Jaci » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:46 am

I don't know of a plug-in but it shouldn't be a very hard task to do manually...

Duplicate the design (if it is in one layer all you have to do is duplicate the layer), then go to Edit » Transform » Flip Horizontal.

lizgouz
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Postby lizgouz » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:20 pm

Hi,
Yes thqt is what I do at the moment but I know something exist to go faster and make all over designs with repeat.
Thanks anyway.

VanDerLee
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Postby VanDerLee » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:02 pm

Perhaps what you're looking for is the Filters>Other>Offset filter builtin to PhotoShop; it allows you to "wrap" an image around the edges.

trodas
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Postby trodas » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:10 pm

No, I believe he is, like me, looking for "step and repeat" plugin like this one in Quark XPRESS. Simply to say - a plugin, that allow one repeat for example a choosen area by numericaly defined number of times with defined X and Y pixels step offset :wink:

Is there something like that? The Andrew Buckle PullDown one:

http://www.freephotoshop.com/html/andrew_buckle1.html

Moves the selected points by a selected input. Though its function may seem quite simple said like that, it opens a lot of possibilities ; and as for Centre Pull, this plugin boasts quite a number of settings, plus the preview and the duplicate functions, so once again it is a must-have.

Might be the one I want, but still searching for DL ... :(
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding... :) my config

Dmitry
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Re: Repeat design plugin

Postby Dmitry » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:57 am

lizgouz wrote:Hi
Is there a plugin to make repeat design, I mean when I move my design on the side of my working area how can it goes automaticly on the opposite side?
Can U help me.

Try use Tile Builder

Tile Builder is a shareware, free demo version you can download online: Download Demo version

Tile Builder home page

Examples you can see in Art Gallery
Software for Image Processing
www.imageskill.com

patternm8kr
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

plug ins and tutorials

Postby patternm8kr » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:06 pm

here is a post I made earlier on another forum. Seems like a popular topic.
I am a freelance textile designer. I saw your post and can recommend a few things. First off A good program plug in for Photoshop is Quick repeat.
http://www.agetechnologies.com/products/quickrepeat.cfm

And while you are at it check out ColorVision.
http://www.agetechnologies.com/products/colorvision.cfm

These are both great tools to get a start, but I find they are very "tile" like when done. I use them as a start sometimes and then go on manually moving things around until I get a more natural look. I find that more natural looking patterns sell better than quickly generated patterns (in the areas I work with.)
A great, free, tutorial for manually building patterns is here.
http://www.repeatpatterns.com/tutorials.php
The tutorials are pretty easy to follow and the photoshop one will show you how to make patterns out of art work you may already have.
A few of my friends have turned to pattern making just from using these tutorials when they other wise wouldn't have thought of it. You can even sell your work here. It's like having your own agent.
Well I hope this is helpful.

Return to “Photoshop-compatible Plugins”