PSP9 and Filters/Plugins

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
jillster_3
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

PSP9 and Filters/Plugins

Postby jillster_3 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:14 am

I have both the MSXCRT.dll and the pligins.dll installed and unzipped into BOTH my Windows System Folder as well as the folder where the plug-ins are installed.

I have un zipped the plug-ins to
C:\Documents and Settings\Jill Smeallie\My Documents\My PSP9 Files\Plug-ins\Filters

I have set up the file Locations so that it looks for the filters in this place.

I have the done ALL of the following

To control plugin functions:

Choose File > Preferences > File Locations to open the File Locations dialogue.

From the File types list, select Plugins.

Set these options:

Enable plugins Mark this box to allow Paint Shop Pro to use plugins.

Limit Loaded plugin files to those with an .8B* extension
The .8B* extension is the most common plugin extension. Clear this check box to load plugins with other extensions.

Allow file format plugins to request pre-filtering of support file types Some plugins can open files that Paint Shop Pro also supports. Mark this check box to allow a plugin to try to open (pre-filter) the file before it opens in Paint Shop Pro.

To add plugin locations:

Choose File > Preferences > File Locations to open the File Locations dialogue.

From the File types list, select Plugins.

Click the Add button. A new blank item will appear in the folder list.

Type the full path name of the folder you want to add or click the Browse button to find and select the folder.

Set the options and settings for listed folders:

Enable Directory Mark this check box to have Paint Shop Pro search for plugins in this folder.

Scan Subfolders Mark this check box to have Paint Shop Pro search the folders inside the folder. Subfolders will not be scanned unless the Enable Directory check box is marked.

Click OK.

Any other suggestions PLEASE.

Jillster_3

Pixie-t
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Plugin help

Postby Pixie-t » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:30 pm

This is what I have checked:

enable plug-ins - Allow the use of external adobe-compatible plug-ins

Limit loaded plug-in files to those with an .8B? extension only

And in PSP X I have Enable checked and Use sub folders checked.

I hope this helps.

Tracy[/img]

jaytea
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Why check

Postby jaytea » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:41 am

I don't understand in Preferences, File Locations, Plug-ins, the option to check the "limit loaded plug-in files to those with an .8B extension only" box? What are the benefits of checking it or not checking it?
thanks!
Janet

Ilya Razmanov
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Postby Ilya Razmanov » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:07 pm

It would be nice to know what plugins you are talking about and where did you get them.

Also, I have no idea what MSXCRT.dll is but many plugins (all made with FF) require MSVCRT10.DLL

donnareid
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Postby donnareid » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:08 pm

Hello I'm Donna Reid. I'm having this same problem.. I have done just as Juli did with psp version 9 but the filters I downloaded still do not work. I have them both copied to both my windows system and system 32 folders. I even copied them to my plugin folder just to be safe..

I got a new computer and so having to redo everything from scratch with psp. When I uploaded psp 9 it was auto upgraded to psp 9.01. Anyone who can help please.. I've been trying all day today to get it to work.
Thanks, Donna

donnareid
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Postby donnareid » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:08 pm

Opps made a mistake in the name..It's Jill not Juli..lol.
Donna.

Return to “Photoshop-compatible Plugins”