Problems usineg Flair > Volumetrics

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
stevieclev
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by stevieclev »

I am trying to use this effect on some rather heavily styalized text which I merged to flatten it out a bit. When I apply the filter to text (as I can see it being rendered in the plugin visual) I hit OK and the effect does not show up on the image I am working on. Another time it said I did not have enough ram (doing a rather large piece for a vehicle wrap). pumped up the available ram for Photoshop restarted and tried again. I'm not getting the not enough ram any more bet the effect still is not rendering. Help?
Worry is a terrible waste of the Imagination!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You need to rasterize the text before you can apply a filter plugin to it. That means that you won't be able to edit the text later.

Please change the Memory Usage setting of Photoshop. For some plugins using a smaller value will help, sometimes a higher value does the trick.

stevieclev
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by stevieclev »

I created a red square and rasterised it, I created the text SK and rasterised it. Then I applied the filter, did not work.
I merged the two and tried again did not work
I deleted the box applied the filter (and it showed in the preview all three times) hit OK nothing happened.
Is there a setting in layer properties or something I am missing here that is not right?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

If I remember correctly the plugins needs a mask of the text to cast the light around it. I think it has to be supplied as an alpha channel. Please read in the manual or help file of the plugin. It should be mentioned there.

stevieclev
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by stevieclev »

There is very little info in the manual about what the settings or anything for that matter are. There is no help or trouble shooting that is available with the plugin that I can find. I will try there website for more info.