help with plug in, ie what are they and how do I get what I

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
miaowen
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

help with plug in, ie what are they and how do I get what I

Post by miaowen »

I loaded the software for my new Olympus camera but when I try to download pics from camera I get a message 'failed to load plug ins required to get media from device' and another message 'software unable to find an olympus digital camera connected to a USB port on the computer
I never had a problem with my prevoius camera but have now also tried that one and am getting the same message
I have removed the olympus software and tried to reinsert it but still getting same message

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

There seems to be a problem with your camera drivers.

The most convenient way to transfer your photos to your computer is a card reader. So if you do not find a solution for the above problem, better get one.

miaowen
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

camera drivers

Post by miaowen »

Thanks for your reply, I still don't understand how my origional camera (Nikon) was working fine, and it is only since I have had this problem with the new camera (olympus) and its software that my nikon now gets the same message even though I have taken off the Olympus software. Is it something that is now wrong with my computer, like if the Olympus software somehow caused a fault or if I myself have done something wrong to create the problem