Need water being squirted on something plug-in

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Kali Autumn Lynn
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Need water being squirted on something plug-in

Post by Kali Autumn Lynn »

Does anyone know of a plug-in that will simulate an image of water being sprayed on something or someone? I need to do a few images with water being spit/sprayed/hosed on an object, complete with spray back, in daylight and am finding it very difficult to get as an actual image. Is there a plug-in that can do this?

Thanks!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sorry, I can't remember coming across such a plugin. I would try to do the effect in real life. If ir doesn't work so well on the object itself, you could try to take a photo of the sprayed water in a room or a photo studio against a uniformly colored background. Then you can overlay the water spray photo with the photo of the object in Photoshop.

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

There are plug-ins that produce water drops and ripples and reflections (see the Natural Elements section of the chart here, but short of doing what Harald suggested with live water spray, you might have to draw the water path manually and add motion blur effects--or search for some free Photoshop brushes that simulate water (that would be easier).
Free digital imaging ezine (and discounted plug-ins!)
www.plugsandpixels.com

MEL810
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Water spray

Post by MEL810 »

You could find a picture of water spray and do a blend.
Flaming Pear makes a flood filter and
MuRa makes a FREE cloud filter that has a water drops feature.
http://www.photoshop-filters.com/html/mura.htm
Or you could make you own by painting, smearing, blending, liquifying and using a blur.
Here's a link to some FREE water brushes: http://www.damnedinblack.net/brushes.htm

Mary E.[/url]
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message.
I do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

AstroDon
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by AstroDon »

I can't think of a specific plugin for this but I did cheat once with a fluffy cloud and the noise filter. Didn't work out very well. However I found a little tutorial on how to simulate spray out of an elephants trunk that may be useful to you.

See it here;

http://www.invano.com/tutorials/photoshop/elephant.php

Harold or someone can let me know if I'm not supposed to post links.

Best regards,
Don, Toronto

Kali Autumn Lynn
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Water Spray

Sorry about the delayed message here - I finally ended up doing this in the real world using water dripped and sprayed down from a hose at nite with lighting effects up through a glass plate and through from the sides. Then I composited multiple shots to create the exact spray effects I needed and the primary stream. All in all quite an effort to create what was to become in the end "frog spit!" in one shot and the spray from a drill entering a patients head in another shot.

The light effect water did take on a wonderful molten metal/maleable effect though and now that I have a library of these shots I will be able to create water effects whenever I need them.

- Thanks!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

It would be nice to see an image of the result!

Kali Autumn Lynn
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Sure i can post an image

I'd be happy to post an image but I can't find a way to post it here. I don't have it on a web site so I can't reference it. Sorry. When I went to visiter galleries to post an image it said "hacking attempt!". Sorry. When I get the 2008 calendar done, which is what these are part of, I'll come back and post a link here. Then there will be 18 or so amazingly silly images of unlikly but possibly true events.

- Kali