SuperBladePro

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
pewterpoppy
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

SuperBladePro

Post by pewterpoppy »

Hi,have "lost" my favorite plugin,my registered copy of SuperBlade,the problem is superBlade not running at all,it was installed and worked perfectly at first,then I installed a new program(Photo-Brush)which I allowed to search for plugins,When I tried to run SuperBlade within the new program I got a Visual Runtime error message and Photo_brush shut down.None of the other Flaming Pear plugins were affected.When I then tried to run SuperBlade in PaintShopPro nothing happened apart from error message in Script output panel(unknown error occurred with command).I checked that the plugin is still associated with PSP,checked preferences,and tried reinstalling SuperBlade, also reinstalled the MSCVRT10dll in System 32, nothing seems to help,so hope you can ,Thanks POPPY

mkh1316
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Re: SuperBladePro Problems

Post by mkh1316 »

SBP is a very sensitive plugin. Completely uninstall SBP. I don't know about the Photo_Brush, but with PSP you have to have SBP installed directly in the PSP/Plugins folder, not a subfolder that you have for items you may use in PSP. Other plugins will work from subfolders but not SBP or Vizros (another sensitive plugin). Not only that but the programs, PSP, etc. have to be shut down, not just minimized when installing the SBP plugin otherwise it will not work. My advice, after uninstalling SBP, close both of your imaging programs. Reinstall SBP in your PSP/Plugins folder and try copying that folder and placing it in your Photo_Brush/plugins folder directly. After this, I always reboot my computer. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I had problems with mine until I installed it this way. Now, whichever program you use, SBP should work. If you are planning on reinstalling your Photo_Brush application, do so before you reinstall SBP, that way if it searches for plugins, all of the problems won't happen all over again. I hope I have helped you and not confused you to death. Good Luck and Happy PSPing! *smiles*
~Mischa

Ilya Razmanov
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by Ilya Razmanov »

Hmm, any chance that Photo Brush may have left some parasite process? Have you tried restarting computer?
Ilya Razmanov
http://photoshop.msk.ru/ - Photoshop plug-in filters