Replacement for Imaging Factory's "Squeeze"?

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
mikebore
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Replacement for Imaging Factory's "Squeeze"?

Post by mikebore »

Anyone know of a filter like Squeeze by Imaging Factory?

The filter compensates for the tendency for people at the edge of a group taken with a wide angle to look fat. It squeezes the edges in, without affecting the middle.

The existing filter is not UB for Mac so only works in CS2, and Imaging Factory is shutting up shop.

So if anyone knows of anything similar which is universal binary I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Mike

mikebore
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by mikebore »

I thought it might worth bumping this seven months later!

The situation is the same as it was last December, and I would still really like a UB equivalent of Imaging Factory's "Squeeze".

Can't believe I am the only one!

I would pay gladly for it, so an opportunity for a developer exists.

Mike

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I posted your request in the Plugin Newsletter to 130,000 readers back in January 2008. But it seems noone knows an alternative.

Maybe there is not exactly a tool like Sqeeze available, but maybe something similar. There are several plugins and tool available that correct lens distortions. I listed a few at
http://www.thepluginsite.com/resources/ ... Correction

mikebore
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by mikebore »

I saw your newsletter mention, thanks. Thanks also for the list in the link. I have searched very thoroughly but not for a few months now, but will go through your suggestions.

I really am surprised that I seem to be a lone voice on this issue!