Red Paw Media

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Brian Smith
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Red Paw Media

Post by Brian Smith »

I am wondering if anyone on this forum has had dealings with Red Paw Media? I purchased a plugin, Fog, from them on March 3, but have not received the necessary registration code even though the charge for the purchase has been accepted by my credit card company.

They have not replied to repeated emails over the past few days. The emails have been delivered to them - they haven't bounced back as undeliverable.

If anyone else has had a problem, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it so I can contact my credit card company.

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

I just checked their site and see they offer a new version of Fog that deals with registration issues:

"Updated plugin release - Fog v2.0beta11
The popular Fog filter has been updated to fix some registration bugs, and to lay the groundwork for some exciting new features. Recommended download for all Fog users."

But I assume you've purchased recently enough to have caught this. If not, try the latest beta and see what happens.

In the meantime, I'll try writing them and referring them here to your comments. I'll use their contact page as opposed to email and see if it helps.
Free digital imaging ezine (and discounted plug-ins!)
www.plugsandpixels.com

Brian Smith
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Brian Smith »

Thank you for your assistance.

I hope you have more success in reaching them than I have. I tried the contact form initially and moved on to direct emails when that didn't elicit a response. Maybe you will have better luck than I have. Over the years I have purchased over a dozen plugins and almost all my software over the internet. Never have I experienced a problem like this.

The issue really isn't the money; it's only $10 that may have been wasted. The important thing is that I really like their Fog plugin and could make good use of it in my some of my images.

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

Well, no luck yet... Sometimes it takes awhile but with instant electronic communication, there are few good excuses for a delayed reply to a customer!

In the meantime, see the various software options listed on this page under "Diffusion".
Free digital imaging ezine (and discounted plug-ins!)
www.plugsandpixels.com

Brian Smith
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Brian Smith »

A very brief update:

Because I have received no communication or activation code from this company, I have today contacted PayPal with my complaint.

As always, caveat emptor.